General Terms and Conditions
Academy of Critical Thinking
Company name: Akadémia kritického myslenia, s.r.o.
Registered office: Polianky 7A, 841 01 Bratislava – Dúbravka
Business ID: 50380681
VAT ID: SK 2120321907
Registered in: Commercial Register of the District Court Bratislava I section: Sro, Insert No.: 112584/B
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number +421911239151
The supervisory authority is the Slovak Trade Inspection established at Bajkalská 21/A, 820 07 Bratislava.
These General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as "GTC") of the Provider Akadémia kritického myslenia, s.r.o., Polianky 7A 841 01 Bratislava - Dúbravka, Business ID: 50380681 (hereinafter referred to as the "provider") govern the rights and obligations of users of online services and establish the conditions under which the provider provides the online services. The provider is the operator of the website www.kritickemyslenie.sk The provider provides online services to users via website. For the purposes of these GTC, users of the provider's online services are natural or legal persons who use the online services provided by the provider on the basis of a contractual relationship and these GTC. The provider provides users with online services in the form of online training. For the purposes of these GTC, online training means professional studies, the essence of which is the provision of a lecture with discussion and audience comments, focused on the given field of education and is carried out in electronic form using individual information technologies (hereinafter referred to as "online" training). The current version of the terms and conditions is available at www.kritickemyslenie.sk. The wording of the terms and conditions may be amended or supplemented by the provider. This provision does not affect rights and obligations arising before these terms and conditions enter into force.
I. Ordering services, contract conclusion
- The order for the service is made based on the user’s registration for the online training, carried out on the websitekritickemyslenie.sk(hereinafter referred to as the “website”). Before registration, the user is obliged to choose a specific type of training from the list of available trainings published on the website. Training is selected by clicking on the “register for the course” icon and placing the selected training in the shopping cart (by clicking on the “add to cart” button) and then clicking on the “checkout” button.
- Registration for the online training is carried out by the user filling out the registration form, which is available to the user on the website, after clicking on the “checkout” button in accordance with point i. of this article.
- The purchase contract between the buyer (user) and the seller (provider) is created by the binding confirmation of the order by the buyer (by clicking on the “order and pay” button), payment of the purchase price for the selected online training through the payment gateway on the internet portal, and order confirmation by the seller (provider), which is sent to the buyer (user) after payment to the specified e-mail address.
- Concluding a contract between the provider and the user according to point iii. makes GTC binding and integral part of the contract between the contracting parties.
II. Price and payment terms
- The online training price is always set according to the provider’s current price list accessible on the provider’s website.
- The provider is entitled to change the price list, the structure and the price amounts for the services provided under the conditions specified in these GTC, mainly due to a change in the date of the online training or to ensure an adequate replacement of the lecturer in case of indispositions.
- The user has the option to pay for the service using the supplier’s payment gateway located on the provider’s website www.kritickemyslenie.sk.
- After payment via the payment gateway, the provider issues the user an invoice in accordance with Act no. 222/2004 Coll. on value added tax as amended and sends it electronically to the address provided by the user, to which the user agrees by accepting these GTC. The user can withdraw their consent to sending the final invoice in electronic form by sending a written notification to the address of the provider. Payment means the crediting of funds to the provider’s account.
- All online training prices are listed including the corresponding VAT.
I. Delivery time
- The user will receive the access information for the online training to their e-mail address 1 to 2 days before the training is held. The 14-day period for contract withdrawal in accordance with § 7 par. 1 of Act no. 102/2014 Coll. on consumer protection starts on a day following the day of access information receipt.
II. Rights and obligations of the user
- The user acknowledges and agrees that:
- they will follow the instructions and information announced by the provider during the online training;
- will provide the provider with the cooperation necessary for the proper provision of the ordered online training;
- the same moral, ethical and legal rules apply to the use of online training as to any other form of public use of information.
- At the moment of registration and/or at the first use of service, the user undertakes to use them in accordance with the GTC, legal regulations and instructions of the provider.
- The user undertakes to provide true, complete and accurate data during registration for the online training and to notify the provider in writing of any changes to the provided identification data. In the event of a breach of this obligation, the decisive data is given in the user’s last registration and the user is liable for the damage caused to the provider
- The user undertakes to pay the full price for the ordered training and, if necessary, prove this fact with a document that the customer receives from the provider.
III. Rights and obligations of the provider
- The provider undertakes:
- to provide access for registered users to online training no later than 2, or a day before the selected online training is held,
- provide information regarding the ordered online training, as well as inform the user of changes related to the online training,
- return the customer money paid for non-provided, or not compensated online training
- If the user does not explicitly express their disagreement with such changes in writing within fourteen (14) days from the date of publication of the notice of changes in the provision of products and services and the GTC, the changes are considered to have been agreed to by the user and are effective beginning the effective date of the change.
- The provider has the right to limit, interrupt or stop the provision of online training for reasons of necessary administration, maintenance and/or repair, without prior notice to the user or their consent, for the time necessary to carry out the necessary administration, maintenance and/or repair.
- The provider has the exclusive right to any intervention in the services and these GTC. Changes to the provision of services and GTC and the effective date of the current GTC will be notified to the user electronically by publishing them on the internet portal www.kritickemyslenie.sk or via an e-mail delivered to the user’s known address.
IV. Change of services
- In the event that circumstances arise that make it impossible for the provider to provide the training, the training program or the lecturer, the provider is entitled to ensure its change or cancellation, while being obliged to notify the user of these facts without undue delay.
- In case of cancellation of the training by the provider or in the event of a major change in the training program, the user has the right to choose whether to withdraw from the contract or transfer the credit paid for another training. A change of the training program or a change of lecturer is not considered a major change if an adequate replacement of the training program or lecturer is ensured.
V. Contract withdrawal, cancellation, complaints
- The contractual relationship between the provider and the user is concluded for a certain period of time – until the moment the service is provided in full, unless it is terminated earlier in accordance with these GTC.
- The user has the right to withdraw from the contract at any time before the start of the online training, by written notice that is effective on the day it is delivered to the provider. When withdrawing from the contract, the customer is obliged to pay the following cancellation fees to the provider (the indicated amounts apply only to 1 person).
- 50% of the price of the training, if the user withdraws from the contract more than 7 working days before the start date of the online training,
- 100% of the price of the training, if the user withdraws from the contract less than 7 working days before the start date of the online training. In the event that the user or persons for whose benefit the online training was ordered do not participate in the training for any reason, the user is not entitled to a refund.
- The User is entitled to file a complaint immediately after learning about the shortcomings of the Seller’s (Provider’s) purchased services, by sending a written complaint to the Seller’s (Provider’s) address specified in these GTC and in accordance with generally binding legal regulations.
- The provider is obliged to handle the complaint and to inform the user in writing (electronically/by post) about the result of the complaint no later than 30 days from the date of its receipt.
VI. Alternative dispute resolution
- The purpose of this article of the GTC is to inform the Consumer about the possibility and conditions of alternative dispute resolution between the Seller (Provider) and the Consumer (User).
- Alternative dispute resolution is the procedure of the subject of alternative dispute resolution, the goal of which is to achieve an amicable resolution of the dispute between its parties, ie between the Consumer and the Seller. The Consumer can resolve his dispute with the Seller through alternative dispute resolution.
- According to generally binding legal regulations, the authority (subject) of alternative dispute resolution is the Slovak Trade Inspection, who the consumers can contact.
- The consumer can find out about the conditions and platform of alternative dispute resolution at:http://www.soi.sk/sk/Alternativne-riesenie-spotrebitelskych-sporov.soi.
- The buyer can submit a proposal to initiate alternative dispute resolution through the alternative dispute resolution platform – (see) Art. 14 (1) and (2) of the European Parliament and Council Regulation (EU) no. 524/2013 of May 21, 2013 on the resolution of consumer disputes online, amending Regulation (EC) No. 2006/2004 and Directive 2009/22/EC (regulation on the resolution of consumer disputes online) (Official Journal of the European Union, L165, June 18, 2013).
- Website: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/?event=main.home.show
- Alternative dispute resolution can only be used by a consumer – a natural person who, during conclusion and fulfillment of a consumer contract, does not act within the scope of their business activity, employment or profession. Alternative dispute resolution applies only to disputes between a consumer and a seller, resulting from a consumer contract or related to a consumer contract.
VII. Training records
- The user acknowledges that, due to the protection of intellectual property, it is prohibited to make any audio-visual recordings, video recordings or photographs at all online trainings organized by the provider without the written consent of the provider.
- The user’s personal data is processed by the provider in accordance with Regulation 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons in the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, which repeals Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR Regulation”) and Act No. 18/2018 Coll. on the protection of personal data and on the amendment of certain laws (hereinafter the “Act on the Protection of Personal Data”).
IX. Final provisions
- Legal relations between the provider and the user not regulated by the General Terms and Conditions are governed by the law of the Slovak Republic, in particular Act No. 40/1964 Coll. Civil Code, as amended, if not covered by Act No. 513/1991 Coll. Commercial Code, as amended, by Act No. 250/2007 Coll. on consumer protection as amended.
- The user fully accepts remote communication – telephone, written and electronic communication (especially via e-mail and web interface) – as valid and binding for both the provider and the user.
- Any disputes between the provider and the user will be resolved before the territorial and substantive court in Slovakia. At the same time, any complaints of users in the position of consumers will be processed in accordance with Act no. 250/2007 Coll. on consumer protection as amended. The complaint must be submitted in writing to the provider’s address.
The company Akadémia kritického myslenia, s.r.o., Polianky 7A 841 01 Bratislava – Dúbravka , Company ID: 50380681, is the operator of the online store www.kritickemyslenie.sk (hereinafter referred to as the "e-shop") and the seller (hereinafter referred to as the "Seller"). The Seller issues these General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as "GTC"), which regulate the relations between the Seller and the Buyer in the sale of goods and provision of services. The GTC are an integral part of the contract concluded with the Seller and are binding for all parties to the contract. The buyer is a consumer or a legal person. A consumer is a natural person who, when concluding and fulfilling a consumer contract, does not act within the scope of their business activity or other business activity. Legal relations between the Seller and the Consumer not expressly regulated by these GTC are governed by Act no. 40/1964 Coll. of the Civil Code and related regulations. Legal person is: a person registered in the commercial register, a person who does business based on a trade license, a person who does business based on a license other than a trade license according to specific provisions, a person who carries out agricultural production and is registered in accordance with a specific provision. For the purposes of the General Terms and Conditions, an entrepreneur is also understood to mean a person who acts in accordance with the previous sentence as part of their business activity. If the Buyer provides their Business ID (IČO) in the order, he acknowledges that the rules specified in the GTC for legal persons apply to them. Legal relations between the seller and the buyer, who is a legal person, not expressly regulated by these GTC or the contract between the seller and the buyer, are governed by the relevant provisions of Act. No. 513/1991 Coll., Commercial Code as amended, as well as related regulations. In case of any differences between the GTC and the individual contract, the text of the contract takes precedence. By submitting the order, the buyer confirms that they have read these GTC, of which the Complaints Policy is an integral part, that they agree with them, in the wording valid and effective at the time the order is sent.
I. Purchase contract
Conclusion of the purchase contract:
- A purchase contract is created by sending an order (proposal for concluding a contract) by the buyer and subsequent acceptance of the order (accepting a proposal for the award of the contract) by the seller. The seller will notify the buyer regarding order confirmation within 24 hours, along with information on availability and delivery date via the specified e-mail. (however, this confirmation does not affect the contract inception). All confirmed orders are binding.
- The seller has the right to cancel the order if it is not possible to secure the ordered goods. In such a case,the seller will immediately return the amount paid in full, or offer replacement goods or find another solution, if the buyer agrees. The seller has the right to cancel the order also if they are unable to contact the buyer for objective reasons (incorrect or missing contact information, unavailability, etc.).
- The resulting contract (including the price) can be changed or canceled only based on the agreement of the parties or legal reasons.
Delivery of the item purchased:
- With the purchase contract, the Seller undertakes to hand over the object of purchase and the documents relating to it to the buyer and enable them to acquire the ownership right to the object of purchase. The Buyer undertakes to take over the object of purchase and pay the purchase price. The buyer becomes the owner of the item only after full payment of the purchase price.
II. Price and payment terms
- All prices are contractual. There prices in the online store are always up-to-date and valid. The prices are final, i.e. including VAT, or of all other taxes and fees that the consumer must pay to obtain the goods. This does not apply to possible fees for transport, etc., which are listed separately and their amount depends on the Buyer’s choice.
- The Buyer acknowledges that in the event that the Buyer orders goods at a price published by mistake due to an error in the Seller’s internal information system, the Seller is entitled to withdraw from the purchase contract, even after the Buyer has received an order confirmation by e-mail. In such a case, the Seller shall inform the Buyer. Examples of when an incorrect price may be published:
- the price of the goods is incorrect at first glance (e.g. does not take into account the purchase price);
- there is more or less number than it should;
- the discount exceeds 50% threshold, while not a part of a special marketing campaign or sale event marked with a special symbol.
- Promotional prices are valid until the allotted stock lasts or for a specified period of time. Promotional prices, discounted goods nor the loyalty program cannot be combined.
- The seller reserves the right to declare the purchase contract invalid has there been misuse of personal data, payment card, etc., or due to the intervention of an administrative or judicial authority. The Buyer will be informed of such procedure.
- The seller accepts the following payment methods and conditions:
- card payment, via the Stripe payment gateway.
- Only EUR payment is possible. The seller sends the tax document to the buyer together with the goods. The seller is VAT registered. VAT is included in all prices.
III. Delivery terms
Delivery methods and times:
- The seller arranges or mediates the following methods of delivery:
- shipping by shipping company / postal delivery
- The delivery time for the goods is, in most cases, 7 working days from order confirmation, with a maximum of 30 working days. The delivery time may change in agreement with the Buyer. The Buyer will be informed about the delivery time and date by e-mail or telephone. In the event of a delivery period extension, the Buyer has the right to withdraw from the contract in accordance with the relevant point of these GTC.
- The pickup/delivery place of the goods is determined by the Buyer based on the order. The fulfillment of the Seller’s obligation is considered to be the delivery of goods to the specified pickup/delivery place.
- If, by the nature of the matter or if the packaging is not agreed upon, the seller will pack the item like usual. If there is no customary manner, then in in a manner necessary for protection and preservation of the item. In the same way, the Seller procures the item for transport. The Buyer is obliged to check the integrity of the shipment and its completeness upon receipt of the goods. The goods are deemed to have been taken over by the buyer when thy confirm the receipt of the goods.
- In the event of force majeure or error in the information system, the Seller is not responsible for the delayed delivery of the goods. The seller is not responsible for delayed delivery and damage to the goods caused by the shipping company. Such cases are resolved by the delivery of new goods to the buyer after all damages have been paid by the shipping company.
IV. Contract withdrawal
In accordance with § 7 of Act no. 102/2014 Coll., the Buyer has the right to withdraw from the contract concluded outside the business premises of the Seller within 14 calendar days from the date of receipt of the goods or from the conclusion of the contract for the provision of services. It is necessary to inform the Seller about the exercise of the right within this period, together with the necessary information:
- Order number (variable symbol)
- Description of goods
- Date of receipt of the goods
Consumer’s name and surname
- Consumer’s address
- Account number and bank code (IBAN) for the refund
- Withdrawal reason (optional)
The withdrawal form for consumers can be found here:
(fill out and send this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
|TO WHOM:||Akadémia kritického myslenia, s.r.o., Polianky 7A 841 01 Bratislava – Dúbravka|
|Consumer’s name and surname*:|
I hereby inform that I withdraw from the contract for the following goods*:
Description of goods (serial number):
|Order number* (variable symbol):|
|Date of order/date of receipt*:|
|Account number, bank code (IBAN) for the refund*|
|Consumer’s signature (only if this form is submitted in paper):|
*Required to be legible.
- The goods ought to be shipped by the Buyer no later than 14 days from the date of withdrawal from the contract to the Seller’s address Akadémia kritického myslenia, s.r.o., Polianky 7A 841 01 Bratislava – Dúbravka, with complete documentation, undamaged, clean, preferably including the original packaging, in the condition and value in which the goods were taken over, by registered mail, insured (recommendation), suitably packed to prevent any damage during transport. In the event of withdrawal from the contract by the consumer buyer, the withdrawal from the contract must be sent to the specified e-mail address ___ .
- The seller shall refund to the consumer all payments received under the contract no later than 14 days from the date of delivery of the notice of withdrawal. This is without prejudice to the provisions of § 10 Article 4 of Act No. 102/2014 Coll.
- The consumer acknowledges that if they withdraw from the contract, they will bear the cost of returning the goods to the seller and, if they withdraw from the distance contract, also the cost of returning the goods which, due to their nature, cannot be shipped.
- The warranty conditions for the goods are governed by the Seller’s complaints procedures and the valid legal regulations of the Slovak Republic. The purchase receipt serves as a warranty.
- The buyer can use all the contacts listed in these general terms and conditions. Please consider using email as primary means of communication. It helps with the acceleration and efficiency of communication as opposed to letters, for example. In case of any problem, you can reach us at
VIII. Final provisions
- If you are a consumer, you have the right for redress. If you are not satisfied with with our services or if you believe we have breached your rights, please file a complaint with us. You have the right to submit a proposal for alternative dispute resolution with an alternative dispute resolution entity (“ADR”) if we have responded to your request negatively, pursuant to the previous sentence or have not responded to it within 30 days from the date it was sent. You can submit the proposal to the relevant ADR entity; This does not affect your ability to go to court. Other conditions related to ADR are established by Act no. 391/2015 Coll. on alternative resolution of consumer disputes and amendments to some laws.
- The European Commission has developed an online dispute resolution platform (DRP) for the purpose of out-of-court settlements with consumers. If you are a consumer, you can also use this platform to resolve your disputes via the following linkeuropa.eu/consumers/odr.
- The User is entitled to file a complaint immediately when the Seller’s (Provider’s) purchased services prove to be not up to the User’s expected standard by sending a written complaint to the Seller’s (Provider’s) address specified in these GTC and in accordance with generally binding legal regulations.